Friday, September 19, 2014

Just for Mommies: Mommy Burnout


Mommy Burnout


Do you believe that this exist?

Do you do everything for everyone else and nothing just for you?

Do people just expect you to take care of them?

Do people ever ask if you need help?

Do you work? Take care of the kids, house, doctors appointment, homework, recreation for the family?

Have you traded baths for showers because you don't feel that you have the time to take a bath anymore?

Do you get tired just thinking about your today list?

Do sometimes you just feel like crying, because you are so tired and emotionally drained?

Do you feel as though you have nothing more to give emotionally, physically and mentally? That if one more person ask you to do one more thing, you will go crazy?

If you have answered yes to these questions, you are probably experiencing Mommy Burnout?




I am not a doctor. I have no expertise in this area. My only experience comes from being a mother.

I am married. I have two children. I work. I do volunteer work about 20 hours a week plus at the school. I also sit on a committee at the school. I cook, clean carpool to and from school 2 different schools. I help out my mother's as well anyone that needs help.

I'm going to stop right there, you get the idea. Because I'm sure your schedule is just like mine if not worst.

Where did the idea come from that we have to be super women, super moms. Doing it all with no complaints and a smile, O and a homemade batch of cookies in our hands.

Well l am done. I have decided I'm going to take time for me, and not feel guilty about it and I invite you to join me.

First lets think of some ways we can squeeze some me time into every day. Next lets think of some small goals we can set and reach.

I am starting a 30 day challenge to Mommy Unburnout. Is that even a word? Hey we are mommies, we have babies, we will make it a word.

So join me on my 30 Days to Mommy Unburnout. Invite your friends and let's do something Just for Mommies.

No comments:

Post a Comment