First of all I want to thank you for joining me on this 30 Days to Mommie UnBurnout.
UnBurnout, you might say that's not even a word. HEY, we are mommies, we have children, go through childbirth. We can make it a word if we want.
I thought I would just share some goals with you. Please feel free to add your own goals in the comments and I will add them to the list.
Please feel free to start with whichever one you like just as long as you do one a day.
The more conscious we are of making time for us, the more we will do it, without feeling guilty.
1. I think the one we all need to work at is, realizing that we deserve ME TIME.
2. Read a magazine
3. Get nails done
4. Get hair done ( if you don't have time for a full appt, a lot of places will let you wash your hair at home and they will curl and cut it for you. My shop charges 10.00 and it takes 30 minutes.)
5. Call a friend
6. Write in a journal
7. Go to a zumba class ( I did this and loved it)
8. Join a gym
9. Do a 10 minute exercise DVD
10. Go for a walk
11. Stretching exercise
12. Order pizza instead of cooking
13. Rent the kids a movie and spend that time doing something for you
14. Take a bath with candlesand music
15. Go shopping
16. Take a nap
17. Go to bed as soon as you put kids in bed.
18. Polish your nails
19. Put kids to bed then watch a girl's movie
20. Schedule a girls night
21. Get a massage
22. Ask for help.
23. Say no to something you really don't want to do
24. Buy yourself some makeup
25. Get up 15 minutes early enjoy quiet time and a cup of coffee or tea
26. Put aside a dollar a day in a Mommie's Money Jar at the end of 30 days spend it on you.
27. Get grandma to watch the kids and sleep
30. Go to Bath and Body Works even if you don't buy anything
31. Read this blog, commit to the 30 days, invite other mommies to do it with you.
I'm going to start with doing an exercise DVD. When I exercised I felt better. Baby steps count, if you skip a day, no worries. Remember doing it even a little is better then nothing.