Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Slow Cooker Meals


Glad Food Freezer & Storage Bags, 2-in-1 Zipper Gallon, 36 Count (Pack of 3)


Dear Mommie's,

I thought I would share a tip with you that has greatly reduced my stress level. It's make ahead freezer meals for the slow cooker or crockpot. The idea behind this is:

1. Shop for the week
2. Prepare the recipes in gallon freezer bags
3. Freeze them
4. Take out a bag from the freezer the night before
5. Thaw  the bag overnight in the refrigerator
6. The next morning empty the contents into the slow cooker to cook all day
7. Eat and Enjoy
                                         

For all of the recipes


Place all the ingredients in a gallon freezer bag and freeze. When you are ready to cook, take out one of the gallon bags from the freezer the night before, empty contents of gallon bag into slow cooker and cook on low in slow cooker. Even when my bags weren't all the way thawed, I still put them in the crock pot the next day. The time varies for different slow cooker. In mine, I put it on low at about 6:30 am, got home about 3:30 and it was fine. Then, I just turned it to warm till my husband got home at 5-5:30.


These recipes fed a family of four with leftover. I used boneless skinless thigh because it was on sale and it was just as good. 





Here is my menu for one week. 


Slow Cooker Spareribs


1-2 lbs of spare ribs
1 1/2 cup of ketchup
1 1/2 T seasoning salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar


I am very particular about my ribs so I thought I would not like this.  But I loved it, and so did my family. 


Orange Chicken


2 cups of carrots
2 cups of bell pepper
1 lb of chicken breast
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
1/2 pepper
8 oz concentrate orange juice


Honey Garlic Chicken


2-4 chicken breast
3 garlic cloves
1/2 soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup honey
2 cups carrots (or any veggies you like)



Beef Strognoff


2 lbs beef stew meat
2 cans mushroom soup
1 chopped onion
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c water
1 c sour cream
2T garlic
1 packer onion soup mix
Noodles or rice to pour over before you serve


Nacho Chicken


2-4 chicken breast
1 can of Rotel
1 package taco seasoning


Spread of tortilla chips and top with lettuce, cheese, sour cream, salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment