Monday, January 5, 2015

Make Ahead Slow Cooker Meals: Beef Recipes



Dear Mommies (and Daddies),

I wanted to share with you another week of Make Ahead Freezer Meals in a Slow Cooker, plus one of my favorites that's not a freezer meal, but one that my family loves. The idea behind this is:

1. Shop for the week
2. Prepare the recipes in gallon freezer bags.
3. Freeze them.
4. Take out a bag from the freezer, the night before.
5. Thaw the bag overnight in the refrigerator.
6. The next morning, empty the contents into the slow cooker to cook all day.
7. Eat and Enjoy.

I thought I would go with a beef theme this week. I just feel I same money if I do a theme. I can buy in bulk and make several recipes. You will see my reference creole seasoning a lot in my recipes. This is my go to seasoning. I usually use this in place of salt. I put it in EVERYTHING. It gives you food such a good flavor. Once you try it I know you will be hooked.

Chili


1 1/2 pound of ground beef (I usually use ground turkey, but this is beef week!)
1 onion chopped
1 can of green chilies
1 can of diced tomatoes (I use the ones with the oregano & basil in it)
1 can of tomato sauce
2 cans of kidney beans do not drain
2 cans of pinto beans do not drain
2 T of chili powder
1/2 cup of salsa ( I use hot, but use you prefer)
1/4 cups jalapenos (optional)

Cook the ground beef in a pan. Chop the onions, celery and jalapenos. Add these and the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker. Pour the beans in there with the liquid. Add your spices. I am a big fan of creole seasonings so I always add a dash. Oh, and a dash or two of hot sauce. Can you tell I like things spicy? Cook on low for about 6-8 hours depending on your slow cooker.I cook everything on low. I turn it on about 6:30am, and I'm back home from picking the kids up at about 3:45pm.

You can also do this recipe by preparing ahead of time and putting in a gallon freezer bag and following the steps above. Chili is usually my Monday meal, so I make it up, put it in a freezer bag, put it in the refrigerator, and then put it in the slow cooker Monday morning.

Beef Stew


1 pound beef stew meat
1 1/2 cup onions chopped
1/2 cup celery chopped
1 1/2 cup carrots chopped
4 cups beef stock or water with bouillon cubes
1 can of tomato sauce
1t salt
1t pepper ( I use red pepper flakes)

Lasagna


1 pound ground beef
2 garlic gloves minced
1 cup water
2 can tomato paste
1 t salt
1 t red pepper flakes
1 t creole seasoning
1 cup of salsa
16 oz of shredded Mexican cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese

Cook the meat until it is no longer pink. I add all my seasons while my meat is cooking. I mix the tomato paste, water and salsa to make a sauce, add your meat. In your slow cooker put sauce at the bottom of the slow cooker, then a layer of noodles, then the meat sauce, cheese, I usually put some creole season in between my layers. Repeat layer ending with cheese. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. You can make the ground beef ahead and mix it with the sauce mixture put it in a gallon bag and freeze. You just have to make sure that it is good and thawed the night before you intend to cook it. If you are going to freeze and make this ahead just take it out 1 day or 2 before. You will be surprised at how good this is.


Taco Soup


1 pound ground beef
1 small onion
1 package of taco seasoning
1 package of  ranch dressing mix
1 can of green chilies
1/2 cup jalapenos (optional)
2 cans of pinto beans
2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
1 can of corn
1/2 garlic powder or minced garlic
2 dashes of hot sauce (optional)
1/2 cup salsa

Beef and Mushrooms


3 pounds beef stew meat
1 can cream of mushrooms soup
2 cans of mushrooms liquid included
1 packet of onion soup mix

Serve over mash potatoes (my favorite) egg noodles or rice.


And now, my favorite meal...

Breakfast Casserole


1 bag of frozen hash brown potatoes
1 pound of sausage
16 oz of Mexican shredded cheese
1/2 onion
1/2 green pepper
6 eggs
1/2 cup of mile
1/2 cup of salsa
2 T creole seasoning
1/4 cup jalapenos (optional)

You cooked your sausage. Spray your slow cooker with cooking spay. Put a layer of potatoes, a layer of sausage (once my meat is down I usually mix my chopped onions and green pepper to save time. You could actually replace the onions and green pepper with the salsa. I've done it a million times and no one could ever tell the difference. A layer of cheese. Repeat layers ending with the cheese. I actually add a few shakes of creole seasoning, salsa and hot sauce between my layers. End with a layer of cheese. Then beat you eggs and milk and pour over the mixture. Cook on low through the night. You will wake up to a wonderful meal. his is also great for when you have company.

Please let me know in your comments which recipes you tried which ones you like and which ones you didn't care for,

No comments:

Post a Comment