Saturday, February 21, 2015

DIY: Homemade Hair Butter & Liquid Washing Powder

I am the most untalented person you would ever want to me. I cannot do anything so when I find something that even I can do I have to share it with my mommies.

So what is it that I have learned that I can do? I can make hair grease from scratch, liquid washing powder, stain removers and etc. So I wanted to share with you some of the Do-it-Yourself (DIY) recipes that I use in my house.

Homemade Hair Butter


1/4 cup Shea Butter
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
3 T Jojoba Oil or Apricot oil
20-30 drops of Sweet Orange Oil

You mix all of the ingredients together. The Shea Butter is hard when you get it, so I soften mine in the microwave. This hair butter really helped my hair to grow. My hair is relaxed but my friends who have natural hair loved this hair butter.

Liquid Washing Powder


1 Bar of Soap ( I use Fels-Naptha)
1 cup Washing Soap
1 cup Borax
Hot Water
Cheese Grater
5 gallon bucket

Pour in 4 cups of water in a large pot. You want the water to get hot but not come to a boil. While the water is boiling, use a cheese grater to grate the soap. Add the grated soap to the water and stir with a wooden spoon until it dissolves. Pour this into your 5 gallon bucket, add your Borax and Washing Soap. Stir until dissolved. Cover and let sit for 24 hours.

This mixture will look clumpy in the morning just stir it real good and it will be fine.

Some people dilute this mixture by filling gallon jugs with have water have detergent. I don't I use about a cup of this per load. You can also add scented oil. But I like the scent just with the ingredients mentioned above.

Now that I am making this I will never go back to buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment