Thursday, March 26, 2015

Slow Cooker Meal: Chicken & Dumplings


I am the biggest slow cooker fan. If I didn't have a slow cooker my family probably wouldn't get as many hot meals as they do. With my busy schedule it's hard to do it all. But with my slow cooker I can run around like crazy and still have a hot meal waiting for my family when they get home. I wanted to share another weeks worth of recipes with you.

Not only are these recipes good, but they also save you money. You are not spending money eating out, and when you shop from a grocery list, that saves you money also.

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings


1 1/2 pounds of boneless chicken breast (cut up in 1 inch pieces)
2 Cups baby carrots
2 cups medium potatoes
1 cup celery
1 cup water
2 10 oz cans cream of chicken soup
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon creole seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic
2 cups of baking mix
2/3 cup milk

Place chicken, carrots, celery and potatoes in slow cooker.

Mix the soup, water seasonings together, pour over chicken.

Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours (depending on your slow cooker) (I cook everything on low)

Stir the baking mix and mix together pour over chicken n slow cooker. Cook for 30 minutes more.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite meals!!! Will have to try making it in the slow cooker next time we make chicken and dumplings. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete